PR Mascot Design Contest
Tohoku University will celebrate its "115th anniversary and 100th anniversary of the university" in 2022.
As part of this commemorative project, the design of a public relations activity character is being sought.
The adopted character will be widely used in public relations and other activities to promote the University to a wider audience.
An easily recognizable and friendly character which reflects the image of the university.
This character will be adopted as a member of the university’s PR team and will be used in promotional materials. These include the website, newsletters, publications, LINE and various social media platforms.
All entries must include –
- Full-colour design of the front and back of the character
- A name for the character with a brief explanation
- A simple profile of the character (mini-biography, hobbies, relationship with the university, etc.)
- Other useful details (additional meaning or background information about the character)
Students, faculty and staff members of Tohoku University
August 1 – September 15, 2022
Submissions will be reviewed by the Public Relations Department Contest Committee, and a shortlist will be made. All students, faculty and staff members of Tohoku University will be able to vote for their favourite entry on the shortlist. There will also be a ballot box at Homecoming Day for alumni and special guests to participate in the voting.
The creator of the winning design will be informed and the character will be introduced online sometime after November 2022.
An Amazon gift card (worth 30,000 yen) will be presented to the creator of the winning entry
The PR mascot design has been closed. Thank you for all the applications.
- All entries must be original works designed specifically for this contest. Entries must not have been previously published in Japan or abroad.
- Submissions that violate public order and morals or legal regulations, are slanderous or defamatory, or infringe on the copyrights or rights of third parties, will not be considered. In addition, if it is found that any of these conditions have been violated, even after the winner has been announced, the character will not be adopted. In an event that Tohoku University suffers any damages as a result of the violation of these conditions, the university will claim damages from the applicant.
- All copyrights, including those which are applicable under Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act in Japan, belong to Tohoku University.
- Tohoku University assumes no responsibility for the failed delivery of entries, damage to entries before they arrive, or damage to electronic data.
- Some of the designs, colours, sizes, etc. may be changed after consultation with the designer.
- The personal information of the entrants will be used only for the purpose of judging the entries, announcing the winner and awarding the prize.
Public Relations Office, General Affairs and Planning Department