Applications for admission in April 2019

At Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery School and Aobayama Midori Nursery School, we are requesting staff members and students who wish to enroll their children at Tohoku University from April to apply in the near future.
Enrollment is open to healthy preschool children two months and older of Tohoku University employees and students who are deemed to require childcare assistance due to the nature of their jobs/studies.
Applications are not taken for children not yet born.
The closing date is Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Application package
①Application form (Form 1, attached)  (PDF / Word)
②Documents to confirm that childcare is required (both parents are required to submit individual documentation.)
●Employees only
 1.Proof of Applicant/Spouse Employment (PDF/Word)
 Tohoku University employees without fixed terms do not need to submit this form, but Tohoku University fixed-term employees, part-time employees, and research fellows need to provide a photocopy of their Notice of Working Conditions.
●Students (parents who commute to the university, graduate schools, etc.)
 1.Proof of Enrollment
 ※Attach materials such as your daily schedule/curriculum
 2.Certification for support (see below)
●For those on scholarships etc.
 1.Notice of receipt of scholarship
 2.Proof of acceptance by a laboratory
 3.Certification for support (see below)
③Applicants on maternity/childcare leave only: Document listing the date of return to work (not needed if already listed on Proof of Employment)
※If you return from childcare leave early, please attach proof to certify this fact.
④Photocopy of record of child’s health checkup results (e.g., child’s most recent checkup page of mother-child health record book)
⑤Copy of the child’s health insurance card

※Applicants may also be asked to submit additional documentation
※Please note that the submission documents will not be returned.
※The submission documents will not be used any purpose other than the selection of children and the management of our nursery school.
About Certification for Support
If you are not employed by the university (you are a graduate student, JSPS scholarship, etc.), or if your spouse is seeking employment, it is necessary for you to obtain a certificate of proof of this status from your local ward office in Sendai City. Applications for the 2019 academic year will be posted in late January if you apply by D ecember 5th, so please apply by that date. (Sendai City website: