Important Note (Aug 1,2022):
The Tohoku University Vaccination Center has ended its vaccination programme.
Anyone who wishes to get vaccinated after July 31 should check the Sendai City website below or consult with their local ward office for further information.
Sendai City COVID-19 Vaccination Portal (in English)
To all students, faculty and staff,
An additional (third) vaccination against COVID-19 will be provided at the Tohoku University Vaccination Center.
1. Getting the Third Vaccination Shot
Vaccination Period: July 16 - July 31, 2022
Appointments can be made from July 11, 2022
Who is eligible: Students, faculty, and staff (i.e. those with a Tohoku University ID)
• You must have your vaccination coupon to make an appointment.
• On the day of your vaccination, please bring your vaccination coupon and Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire
Vaccine: Takeda/Moderna (the dose of the third shot is half that of the first and second shots)
Expenses: will be covered by the National Government.
To make an appointment, please access the "Miyagi e-Application Service":
https://www.srp.tohoku.ac.jp/vaccination/01_en.pdf (How to apply for the third shot)
Tohoku University Vaccination Center,
4th Floor, Yodobashi Camera Building 2, Tsutsujigaoka 1-2-13, Miyagino Ward, Sendai City (Map)
Additional Notes (Updated July 13)
- 1.There must be at least five months between the second and third vaccination.
- 2. The vaccination coupon is required when making an appointment and on the day of vaccination. Please make an appointment only after you have received your vaccination coupon.
- 3. If you have not yet received your vaccination coupon, please contact your local government for more information.
- 4. Note the arrival number and inquiry number displayed when making your appointment. These numbers are required if you wish to confirm or change your appointment.
- 5. Print or take a screenshot of your reservation date and time.
- 6. Please refrain from making multiple appointments (e.g., at both the Tohoku University Vaccination Center and at the mass vaccination center run by the local government). If you have made multiple appointments, please cancel all but one as soon as possible.
- 7. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat, drink plenty of water, and be in good physical condition before coming to the Tohoku University Vaccination Center.
- 8. Please arrive at the venue on time for your appointment. If you are late due to unavoidable circumstances, please note that the last appointment is at 3:30 p.m.
2. Mix-and-match Vaccines
Regardless of whether you received the vaccine manufactured by Pfizer, Takeda/Moderna, or AstraZeneca the first two times, you may receive either the Pfizer or Takeda/Moderna vaccine for your third shot.
Those who wish to be vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine should make an appointment at a vaccination site where it is being provided. Please check the details and procedures on the Sendai City website or consult your localdoctor
* Sendai City’s website:
in Japanese: https://www.city.sendai.jp/covidvaccine/tuika_maedaoshi.html
in English: https://www.city.sendai.jp/koryu/foreignlanguage/jp/news/coronavirus.html#content_top
3. Myocarditis and pericarditis following vaccination against COVID-19
The Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare (MHLW) has reported a small number of suspected cases of myocarditis and pericarditis following COVID-19 vaccinations. Please be aware that reports of suspected cases of myocarditis and pericarditis were particularly high among males in their teens and twenties compared to other age groups and they were also more common with the Takeda/Moderna vaccine than they were with the Pfizer vaccine.
* The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare’s COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A (in English): https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/vaccine.html
* It may not be possible for some people to get vaccinated due to their current physical condition or pre-existing medical conditions. For this reason, the vaccination is not compulsory, and it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they want to be vaccinated. Please ensure that no one is discriminated against based on whether or not they are vaccinated.
- Side Effects Caused by Coronavirus Vaccines
- Miyagi COVID-19 Medical Consultation Center (for those who suspect they are experiencing side effects)
Phone: 050-3615-6941 (Reception Hours: 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.)
E-mail: m-side-reaction*medi-staffsup.com (please replace * to @)
（Reception Hours: a.m. 8:45 to p.m. 5:15）
Those who wish to be inoculated with the new coronavirus vaccine (1st and 2nd doses) Updated April 11, 2022
Please check the website of Sendai City.
- Individual Vaccination/ Mass Vaccination
- Should you have any questions,please ask the Sendai City Call Center at 0120-39-5670.
Information about Covid-19 vaccinations
- Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Notice of the COVID-19 Vaccination by Sendai City (To Foreigners)
- The Japanese Association for Infection Diseases
- The Japanese Society for Vaccinology
- To Pregnant and mothers(PDF) (In Japanese only)
Questions and Answers
* Inquiries can be made on weekdays only. Please be sure to read the “Questions and Answers about COVID-19 Vaccine” before making an inquiry.
(For inquiries about student vaccinations)
ducation and Student Support Department *Login is required.
(For inquiries about faculty and staff vaccinations)
Vaccination Counseling Service
Personnel Planning Department *Login is required.