Important Note (Nov 29, 2022):
Notice about the provision of COVID-19 vaccinations (against the Omicron strain) at the Tohoku University Vaccination Center (evening vaccinations)
Tohoku University Vaccination Center will reopen on December 1, 2022 (Thursday) for the provision of booster vaccinations against the Omicron strain of COVID-19. For further details, please see the following site:
The vaccinations are not part of a university-based program, so everyone will be treated as being part of the general public. (There is no Tohoku University-based category.) For inquiries about COVID-19 vaccinations, please contact the appropriate authorities within your own municipality.
Miyagi Prefecture website about the Tohoku University Vaccination Center
Monday to Saturday, 5:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. (Latest possible entry is at 8:30pm)
* Vaccinations will only be provided in the evenings.
The first floor of the Sendai TR Building (west of Sendai Station) (at 3-6-1 Chuo, Aoba-ku).
* This is the ‘Yamada Denki LABI SENDAI’ building.
3．Those who may apply
Anyone who wishes to apply must satisfy all of the following:
- Must be either resident in Miyagi Prefecture or commute to the prefecture for employment or education purposes
- Must be at least 12 years old at the time of vaccination (those under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- Must have already received two vaccinations (those who have recived three or four vaccinations are thereby included)
- Must have received their most recent vaccination at least three months prior
- Must have a vaccination coupon issued by their municipality
Reservations will be accepted by telephone or via the Internet
*Reservations for the period between December 1 (Thursday) and December 10 (Saturday) are already full. Reservations for December 12 (Monday) and thereafter will be accepted from 9:00 a.m. on December 3 (Saturday).
5．The vaccine to be used
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent (Omicron BA.4/BA.5)
Since receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary, everyone within your department should understand both the preventative effects of being vaccinated and the risk of possible side effects. Should they wish to be vaccinated, they should please apply in the manner outlined below. Please note that no one should be forced to be vaccinated nor should anyone be discriminated against because they have not been vaccinated.
Reference Materials from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (in Japanese):
▶︎ A notice about vaccinations starting in fall 2022 (issued in November 2022):
▶︎ Notices about bivalent vaccines against the Omicron strain
1: A notice about bivalent vaccines against the Omicron strain (issued in October 2022):
2: A notice about an increase in the number of types of bivalent vaccines against the Omicron strain (issued in September 2022):
3: A notice about the interval between receiving vaccinations being changed to 3 months (issued in September 2022):
If you would like to receive the vaccine somewhere other than the Tohoku University Vaccination Center, please check the details on the websites below or contact your own municipality.
Sendai City Coronavirus Vaccination Portal Site
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare ‘COVID-19 Vaccine Navi’
Important Note (Aug 15, 2022):
The Tohoku University Vaccination Center has ended its vaccination programme.
Anyone who wishes to get vaccinated after July 31 should check the following websites or consult with their local ward oﬃce for further information.
Sendai City COVID-19 Vaccination Portal (in English)
COVID-19 Vaccine Navi of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare（in English）
Information about Covid-19 vaccinations
- Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Notice of the COVID-19 Vaccination by Sendai City (To Foreigners)
- The Japanese Association for Infection Diseases
- The Japanese Society for Vaccinology
- To Pregnant and mothers(PDF) (In Japanese only)
* Inquiries can be made on weekdays only.
(For inquiries about student vaccinations)
ducation and Student Support Department *Login is required.
(For inquiries about faculty and staff vaccinations)
Vaccination Counseling Service
Personnel Planning Department *Login is required.